An excerpt from a letter that I reciently wrote to a dear friend..."A right standing before God...being rightly related to God...living in the shadow of the cross-unashamed, bearing the shame He bore...the terror of the Lord and the splendor of His majesty...all comes down to truely knowing our position before our Holy God...KNOWING OUR GOD-standing in silent fear and reverant awe. My life would look so differently. I don't ever want to hide the LORD'S POWER...We have to cling to the LION to appreciate and find peace in the LAMB. I want to be like my Jesus. I am humbled and broken as I look at my filthy heart- full of pride and my "clean" hands...clean because they are comfortable and unused...I am ashamed. I want to live by Heb. 13:13 which tells us to go outside the camp bearing the disgrace He bore...As I learn more about the person of Jesus Christ I yearn to be lik emy Jesus- radical, unashamed love for the father, selfless, humble, graceful, loving without strings attatched- knowing it would often be unappreciated, unwanted, unreturned...Laying down His pleasure, will and rights...I want to be like my Jesus."
Kinda scatterd thoughts...the Lord is teaching me so much, humbling me daily. Oh how I yearn to be with my Lord...to see my God, to fall down and worship at His holy feet. Now I cry out "I am unclean!"...but He has washed me with grace like rain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment