The Lord always seems to use Oswald Chambers to knock me upside my head..."Don't rejoice in successful service, but rejoice because you are rightly related to Me. The snare in Christian work is to rejoice in successful service, to rejoice in the fact that God used you. You never can measure what God will do through you if you are rightly related to Jesus Christ. Keep your relationship right with Him, then whatever circumstances you are in, and whoever you meet day by day, He is pouring rivers of living water through you, and it is of His mercy that He does not let you know it." ~So here I am in San Luis Obispo, CA mentoring and discipling junior high and high school aged girls. The Lord brought me here and has provided so abundantly. I work on an apple orchard during the day and hang out with my girls at night. I so often find myself focusing on what success looks like in my ministry. The Lord is destroying my idea of success. Philippians 3:7-9 "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss of the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all thing. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ-the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith." I just want to know my God, fall more in love with Him and make His great name known. My prayer is that I will consider everything else as trash, that I will be so consumed with God that I will not be able to help but to proclaim His name...and in this pursuit of God not focusing on what or how or why the Lord is using me...I just what to live in love with Him and be used up for His glory..."Irresistibly drawn to the person of Christ who I have supernaturally come to intimately know."-Paul Washer
So welcome to my blog :) I hope this can be a convenient way of keeping connected and updated while I'm away from all of you that I hold so dear. Thank you for visiting! I pray that your heart is encouraged and your faith challenged today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment